Posted by Johanna Widmann, Membership Chair 2017-2018.
This is the time of year we kick off our membership renewals. We hope you will sign up for another year. Please check the SIWA website and ensure your members-only benefits today. SIWA members currently come from 57 nations, which distinguishes us among other groups. But there are, of course, more reasons to join SIWA.
- When you join SIWA you will make new friends in no time. As we are a large and very diverse group it is easy to quickly find like-minded women.
- SIWA offers a huge variety of events. Wherever SIWA members gather, a lot of fun is guaranteed.
- As SIWA members come from all parts of the world you have the unique opportunity to get to know international cuisine and even learn how to prepare it.
- Get to know Seoul and Korea in one of our SIWA tours or interest groups. Every month we offer a slate of interesting events. Not only will you broaden your knowledge about the region, but you will also get to know SIWA members.
- All our members are of different cultures, at different stages of their lives and have different (professional) backgrounds. We learn from each other daily. Diversity is our strength.
- Be part of something big! Twice a year we hold a big event: the SIWA Gala and the SIWA and Diplomatic Bazaar. Both of these are very well known in Seoul and many of our members work hard to make them happen.
- Volunteer your time and become a SIWA leader! SIWA members are all talented women and we are always open to new ideas.
- We have many Korean members who are happy to share their culture with international members. Korean learners can improve their language skills.
- Our organization, which is 55 years old, is well-known and respected in Seoul. Some of our members interviewed volunteers for the 2018 PyeongChang Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Everyday new people come to Seoul and the adjustment can be tough. We enjoy helping newcomers get started and sharing our knowledge with them.